Next up in our series of YouTube channels, our selection of Brazilian and Portuguese YouTube channels: the best way to learn Portuguese. I hope that learning Portuguese with YouTube videos will be as interesting, fun and effective as it was for me. If you’re interested, you can also take a look at our selection of the best YouTube channels for learning Italian and English.
Is Watching YouTube the Best Way to Learn Portuguese? Check Out These 5 Channels…
Subscribing to and watching content on YouTube channels is one of the best ways to approach language learning. If you’re learning Portuguese, we’ve chosen a handful of great channels for you that include grammar lessons, exercises, and conversations, which will help you broaden your knowledge of the language the fun way.
- The main goal is to help viewers improve and get a better grasp on Portuguese in an unconventional way.
- You will find lessons designed for students at a basic and intermediate level. They’ll help you pick up vocabulary, improve your pronunciation, and understand grammar better.
- Their videos about learning the language through music are especially interesting. And their interviews with different people about various subjects are worth watching, too.
What should you expect? Grammar lessons, interviews, songs to learn the language, and common mistakes made by foreigners.
2. Hello, Rusty
- Rusty’s content targets beginners and teaches the very basics of the language. It is perfect if you’re just starting out or if you’re planning a trip to Brazil or Portugal.
- Lessons progress from beginner to pre-intermediate levels. This aspect of the channel is nice because you can keep watching even as you make progress.
- The channel focuses mostly on vocabulary and grammar. But you can also find the most common vocab anyone should know before boarding a plane to a Portuguese-speaking country.
What should you expect? Lessons focused on grammar, everyday and specific vocabulary, and pronunciation.
- Portuguese lessons organized by skill level as well as specific themes (e.g. pronunciation, vocabulary, phrases). His table of contents helps you choose lessons according to your needs.
- Lessons are very well designed, his explanations are clear, and the content is user friendly.
- The lessons target students at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels. Some sections are designed to help broaden vocabulary and understand Portuguese culture.
- Jason also teaches Spanish on his channel, so kill two birds with one stone if you’re interested!
What should you expect? Grammar and pronunciation lessons, useful phrases, vocabulary, and Spanish lessons
- This channel is dedicated to teaching Portuguese as well as other subjects, like math, biology, literature, and history. Ideal for students with an intermediate and advanced level interested in subjects related to their profession or academic interests.
- Various teachers present key points of their classes using an interactive, clear, and coherent presentation.
- Find useful tips for studying a subject or language in the section called “How to Study.” If you are preparing for a test or essay, explore their lessons on writing. If you’re more interested in culture, check out the section called “Brazilian Movie Week.”
What should you expect? Grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and spelling lessons as well as lessons in Portuguese on different subjects and cultural themes.
- This Learn Portuguese YouTube channel aims to teach Portuguese as easily and quickly as possible, while staying fun. The lessons will help you perfect every aspect of the language (speaking, writing, listening, and reading).
- They design their 3-minute lessons to teach vocabulary, grammar, and phonetics. Learn useful expressions like how to introduce yourself, apologize, and express your gratitude.
- The main focus of this channel is to help students with their listening skills. It includes 70 lessons with exercises.
What should you expect? Lessons to improve listening comprehension and pronunciation, useful phrases, grammar, and vocabulary.
Other Useful Channels for Portuguese Learners
- Porta dos Fundos (comedy, entertainment)
- Manual do Mundo (interesting and fun chemistry experiments)
We think watching YouTube is the best way to learn Portuguese, because it’s both entertaining and educational! I hope these 5 channels will help you familiarize yourself with Portuguese and prepare you to immerse yourself in its culture. If you’re looking for tools for learning Portuguese vocabulary, make sure you download our free language learning kit. And of course, our app for learning Portuguese is available on the iTunes store and Google Play.
There’s more! Use MosaDiscovery to maximize your efforts.
MosaDiscovery is a powerful learning tool that can help you get the most out of online content – both from text and videos. You can translate new words with a click (from text pages or subtitles), then save them into you MosaLingua app to review and study later. It’s an easy way to streamline your learning and encourage you to use materials written in your target language. The MosaLingua flashcard review feature uses the Spaced Repetition System to ensure that new expressions are anchored into your long-term memory.
Want to start improving your language skills today?
Good news: we can help!
More good news: you can get started for free! With your free trial, you can test drive the most effective method for learning Portuguese for the next 15 days !
Vocabulary flashcards, videos with subtitles, audiobooks, articles adapted to your level – with MosaLingua Premium (Web & Mobile), you’ll have access to all this and more. Get started right now. It’s free—and risk-free—to try!