There are many tools for learning French, among these are YouTube channels. Using YouTube channels to learn French is a new way of approaching language learning. After having published our selection of YouTube channels to learn English, Italian and Portuguese, here are the 5 Best YouTube channels to learn French.
The 5 Best YouTube Channels to Learn French
Using YouTube channels to learn French is an excellent choice because it means you get to learn French for free all while having fun. As you will soon see, each of the five channels we like include precious material such as grammar, verb conjugation, and everyday vocabulary. Browse through the channels below and start to learn French online with virtually no effort, and definitely no textbooks!
- This channel has a series of lessons to help you perfect your skills in the language. Their videos are mainly aimed at improving listening comprehension. At the end of each lesson, exercises help you measure your progress and review what you learned.
- The content of the channel is organized and well planned. Among its video series, you’ll also find lessons to learn vocabulary with images. The aim of these lessons being to help you learn 10 words a day, dedicating 3 minutes a day.
- In the pronunciation lessons, you’ll learn about the most common mistakes students of the language make, how to avoid them and how to recognize subtle pronunciation differences only native speakers differentiate.
What should you expect? Lessons focused on listening comprehension (for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels), pronunciation, vocabulary, useful words (weekly series) and everyday phrases.
- The videos will help you move from knowing basic French to knowing advanced French all while being entertained.
- The content is organized in a progressive manner in 40 units of 15 to 20 lessons each.
- The lessons are rigorous, the main French tenses are very well explained. Additionally, the host explains useful vocabulary with the help of everyday examples.
- There are longer videos (30 to 45 minutes long) which feature phrases and vocabulary for specific situation.
What should you expect? Lessons on grammar, vocabulary and numbers and a selection of verbs and words with interesting photos (time-lapse) as well as exercises and a series of videos for learning 10 adjectives a day.
- Alexa is a French teacher with many years of experience teaching children and adults at every level.
- The content of her videos is entertaining, friendly and stress-free. Alex tries to make her followers feel like she’s with them to help them out during the learning process.
- Her lessons are clear and easy to understand; her content is ideal for students with an intermediate level of French. We also recommend it if want to start studying French again after a break and need a reminder of basic vocabulary and grammar.
What should you expect? Verb conjugation in different tenses, vocabulary, grammar and tips for pronunciation and vocabulary. There are also lessons aimed at children.
- A collection of videos of street interviews in the main cities of France. Interviewees are passers-by who express their opinions on French culture and other interesting themes for learners of the French language.
- Useful tools to familiarize yourself with the way native French speakers speak their language. Additionally, it helps you practice pronunciation, grammar and reading (all videos have both French and English subtitles).
- The interviews are entertaining, which will help you relax while you’re learning. They’re aimed at showing the French way of life and the preferences of your average French citizen.
What should you expect? Interviews divided by themes, vocabulary used in real-life situations and grammar used to form questions and give answers.
- Entertainment channel with videos with funny and odd stories. Although this is not a channel for learning French, its content is adequate for practicing grammar and pronunciation, especially if you’re an advanced learner.
- Each installment contains interesting information. For example, fictional stories, unique themes and trips to exotic destinations.
- The animations and scenarios of each videos are similar to those you find in movies. The narrator speaks slowly and clearly. All the videos have subtitles available in French and in English.
What should you expect? A collection of videos on fascinating, astonishing and strange subjects as well as other sources of entertainment.
I hope that this list of the 5 best YouTube channels to learn French will be an entertaining and interesting tool for you, and will help you in your learning process. Don’t forget that there are other tools for learning this language, such as the MosaLingua Learn French app, that can help you memorize vocabulary and learn grammar efficiently. You can also learn French with other resources, such as the best podcasts for learning French and French TV shows.
Bonus: L’Homme Sans Nom
If you like learning French from YouTube channels and are looking for a similar activity designed specifically for learners, check out MosaSeries: L’Homme Sans Nom. It’s an original and gripping audio series. Work on your listening skills, learn tons of new and useful vocab, and pick up important grammar and conjugation.
What do you think about our list of the best YouTube channels to learn French? Tell us in the comment section!
Good news: we can help!
More good news: you can get started for free! With your free trial, you can test drive the most effective method for learning French for the next 15 days!
Vocabulary flashcards, videos with subtitles, audiobooks, articles adapted to your level – with MosaLingua Premium (Web & Mobile), you’ll have access to all this and more. Get started right now. It’s free—and risk-free—to try!